Today Canon has finally made their official announcement for the EOS R3, their newest full frame mirrorless body. A full press release can be found here.
Below are some highlights from the specifications.
- Brand new 24.1MP back-illuminad stacked CMOS sensor
- DIGIX X image processor
- 30fps blackout free shooting with full AF/AE tracking
- 8 stops of in-body image stabilization
- 5.76MP EVF
- 4.15 Million Dot 3.2″ Vari-angle LCD
- Optical smart controller
- Vertical shooting controls
- Magnesium alloy body
- LP-E19 battery
- Dual card slots with CFexpress Type B or UHS II SD Card
Below are some preview videos from various YouTube channels.
This body certainly looks impressive and although it’s way out of my price range, it’s promising for the future Canon bodies to be released. It’s probably too early to speculate but if all the advancements from this body in terms of stacked sensor and electronic shutter improvements can trickle its way down to the 5 and 6 series bodies.